Fast and easy creamy dried tomato and garlic sauce

Here's a recipe for a super fast and easy pasta sauce. Doesn't look like much but it tastes incredible!





Last fall I was overloaded with garlic scapes and these small yellow cherry tomatoes called Yellow Pear.

I froze the scapes in pieces and also puréed some and froze them in clumps.

I dried the cherry tomatoes in my dehydrator, just cut in half. Then I stored them in baggies.


Now, for a fast sauce, I put cream and milk in a pot (use mostly cream, or whatever proportion you like but all cream will be too thick to blend easily in the end). Throw in some dried tomatoes and scapes in whatever form (or just some garlic if you have no scapes) and bring to a gentle boil. 


Then leave it on a gentle simmer or less for the time it takes to cook up whatever noodles you like - at least 10 minutesThe ones that look like a nest are particularly nice. 

Once the noodles are ready, your tomatoes should be plump and softened. 


Use an immersion blender to purée it all to a nice creamy consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste if you like, and basil too if you want. This sauce is orangey because my tomatoes were yellow. It would be rose-y if they were red.


Pour some sauce on your noodles. Add some chicken or turkey on top if you like.





Yummmm!

Comments

Popular Posts